October 27, 2009

Is energy innovation slowing down?

I'd say no, judging from some new grants awarded by the Dept of Energy.

The DOE created a new section which is intended to do for energy what the DOD's DARPA did for many things, including the internet. These awards were the best of a much, much larger number of submissions. This is the first round of projects funded under ARPA-E, which is receiving $400 million under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

If even a few are successful, the effect would be dramatic.

Take a look: http://www.energy.gov/news2009/documents2009/ARPA-E_Project_Selections.pdf

1 comment:

ed medication said...

I'm not sure why but this site is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.